TRU Realty is defining professionalism in real estate!
We are very excited to have a guest speaker join us this month - Melanie Johnston
from the EnviroCentre
! Melanie will share some of the exciting upcoming programs
that will be available to Ottawa homeowners to save on retrofitting their homes to become more energy-efficient. Such as:
City of Ottawa’s Better Homes Loan Program
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Enbridge Gas Home Efficiency Rebate Program
You will not want to miss this opportunity to learn, share and potentially volunteer to become your local green neighbourhood ambassador!
Attendance is virtual only.
To register use the link below:
Members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold 1,572 residential properties in August through the Board’s Multiple Listing Service® System, compared with 2,006 in August 2020, a decrease of 22 per cent. August’s sales included 1,175 in the residential-property class, down 25 per cent from a year ago, and 397 in the condominium-property category, a decrease of 9 per cent from August 2020. The five-year average for total unit sales in August is 1,684.“August’s unit sales followed a trajectory typical of the resale market’s summer months with a considerable decline in transactions compared to the spring and 9% fewer sales than in July (1,724). The number of properties changing hands was on par with August 2017 and 2018 figures. The reason we see a sharp decrease compared to last year’s numbers is due to the first wave lockdown in spring 2020, which shifted that market’s peak to the summer and fall months,” states Ottawa Real Estate Board President.“Year-to-date resales are at 14,728 and are 24% higher than this period in 2020, which clearly indicates we are in the midst of another strong year in the Ottawa market."August’s average sale price for a condominium-class property was $407,148, an increase of 6 per cent from last year, while the average sale price for a residential-class property was $674,449, an increase of 14 per cent from a year ago. With year-to-date average sale prices at $722,526 for residential and $420,654 for condominiums, these values represent a 27 per cent and 18 per cent increase over 2020, respectively.*
“Supply continues to remain scarce, and that is the driving factor behind these price increases. New listings were down 400 units from July and 500 units from last August and below the 5-year average for the first time this year since February. Although inventory is approximately 5-6% higher than last year for both residential and condominium property classes, we are only at about 1.5 months’ worth of housing stock. To achieve a balanced market, we need 4-6.5 months’ supply of inventory."
“We are pleased to see that housing affordability and the supply shortage have been a predominant part of election conversations and federal party platform pledges - which is a step in the right direction. We look forward to the collaboration between municipal, provincial, and federal governments to establish measures which will effectively address these fundamental barriers to homeownership for all Canadians who desire to own a home.”
OREB Members also assisted clients with renting 3,182 properties since the beginning of the year compared to 2,232 at this time last year.
We are very excited to share our new listing at 125 ECCLES STREET in Ottawa.
Excellent development opportunity in Prime Location! R4UD Zoning provides many potential options to build. Located less than a block from Preston & Somerset and steps away from all the Little Italy and Chinatown neighbourhoods have to offer - coffee shops, restaurants, nightlife & a myriad of unique businesses. Walking distance to the O-Train, Lebreton & minutes to the downtown core. Explore this opportunity now! (id:2493)
Check out these ways to safely experience the city this long weekend! Here are just some of the activities and experiences available in the region as of Thursday, September 2:
- Soar over the Ottawa River and see incredible, one-of-a-kind views on Interzip Rogers, the world’s first interprovincial zipline! My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this unique & thrilling experience! What a way to see the Ottawa skyline!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS (football) as they play a home game this Friday, September 3 and the Atlético Ottawa (soccer) as they play Wednesday, September 8, both at TD Place.
- Theatre lovers, look no further. A Company of Fools present Love From Afar, select nights in September starting this Friday, September 3 at outdoor venues across Ottawa. Pay-what-you-can.
- NCC Weekend Bikedays continue this weekend, and until Thanksgiving. Sections of the Sir John A Macdonald Parkway and the Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway are open for active use on weekends, including this Labour Day Monday, September 6. FREE!
- Enjoy family fun, live music, and lots of incredible hot air balloons at the Gatineau Hot Ait Balloon Festival this Thursday, September 2 to Monday, September 6 at Parc de la Baie in Gatineau.
- Listen to local, live music in various Ottawa neighbourhoods at City Sounds, from Friday, September 3 to Sunday, September 5. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog! Courtesy of Ottawa Tourism.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are member’s of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.